How to Transfer Files from Google Shared Drives to SharePoint Online?
Migrating from Google Shared Drives (formerly known as Google Team Drives) to SharePoint Online can be a challenging task for not just small companies but also large enterprises. There are quite a few handy cloud storage migration tools like CloudFuze that can help in migrating from Google Drive to OneDrive. When it comes to moving data between Google Shared Drive and SharePoint Online, there are only a very few choices. CloudFuze is one of them and can handle large data migrations between Google Shared Drives and SharePoint online effortlessly. Let’s see how Google Shared Drives and SharePoint Online migration can be initiated with CloudFuze.
Since this migration falls under the business category, pricing will be given as a quotation based on the size of the data and the number of users to be migrated. However, business users can still try CloudFuze and migrate up to 3 users or 50 GB of data to test the platform. Reach out to us if you need a personalized demo or an extended trial.
Create a CloudFuze Account and Login
Go to the CloudFuze web app at webapp.cloudfuze.com using your login credentials. You create an account with CloudFuze if you already don’t have one.
2. Add Your Google Shared Drive
- Log in to the CloudFuze account
- Click on the “Shared Drives” from the Business clouds
- After clicking on the “Shared Drives” a pop -up will display to do the market place authentication.
- Click on the “Proceed” button.
- On clicking the Proceed button it will redirect to the Gsuite Market place.
- Click on the “Domain Install” button.
- After clicking on the “Domain-wide install” pop will be displayed.
- Click on “Continue”.
- On clicking continue, it will ask to enter the username & Password.
- After entering the admin username & password, the following window will be displayed.
- Click on the Accept button.
- After clicking on the Accept button following window will be displayed. Click on Done.
- With this step market place authentication is done.
Verification of CloudFuze app in the Google Admin Console
- Go to https://gsuite.google.com/.
- Enter the domain name and select “Admin Console” from the “Access to” drop-down.
- From the Admin Console select.
- Click on the “Marketplace apps” from the following window.
- You can see “CloudFuze for Production” in market place apps.
- Now go to your CloudFuze account and click on “Shared Drive” from the Business clouds.
- You will see the pop up for market place authentication.
- As it is already done, click on the “Already Done” button.
- Now it will ask to enter the username.
- Enter the password.
Adding and Authorizing SharePoint Online
- To add Sharepoint online cloud, Global admin credentials are required.
- Go to office365.com
- Enter the Global admin credentials.
- If the entered credentials are admin, then you can see the Admin icon.
- Click on the Admin icon to see the list of the admins.
- Click on the Users tab from the left-hand side pane.
- Click on the Active users and select any user from the list.
- The role of the user must be Global admin.
- Go to your CloudFuze account.
- Click on clouds.
- Click on the Sharepoint online from the Business clouds.
- Enter the global admin credentials to add the cloud
How to initiate migration
- After adding clouds, click on the “Team Migration” icon.
- From the selection page, select Shared drives as a source and Sharepoint online as destination.
- On clicking the next it redirects to the mapping screen.
- Domains will be listed in both the source and destination.
- To minimize the user’s list, click on the “-” icon.
- To see the folders inside the users, click on the “down” arrow.
- After clicking on the down arrow Shared Drives and Sharepoint sites will be displayed.
- Click on the checkboxes to select the Shared Drives.
- Click on the down arrow before the Sharepoint site to see the folders inside the site.
- After selecting the drives and SharePoint sites mapping will be creating in the mapped user’s tables.
- You can also see the source path and destination path in the mapped user’s table.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- The preview page will be displayed.
- Click on the Start migration.
- You can see the migration reports which are In progress and also the completed migrations.